Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I want to be beautiful...

"God endows Woman with certain qualities that are essential to relationships, qualities that speak of God. She is inviting. She is vulnerable. She is tender. She embodies mercy. She is also fierce and fiercely devoted...Tender and inviting, intimate and alluring, fiercely devoted. Oh yes, our God has a passionate, romantic heart. Just look at Eve." - CAPTIVATING, by John and Stasi Eldredge


I am a woman. Beautiful, passionate, emotional, incredible, faithful, enduring, strong, tender, loving, caring, and noble. I am a woman, and am proud to be one.


It’s hard to remember how amazing the beautiful gift of femininity is, especially when it’s being rejected and crushed these days. I see messages everywhere telling me that womanhood is something to be ashamed of, but not in a straightforward manner. We’re all told to “embrace our womanhood”, but in what way are we being told? Are we seeing this as embracing our gentle, humble, beautiful spirits, or are we seeing this as getting ahead of the men, fighting for what is rightly ours?


I know that’s where I get confused! Sure, I’d like to go far in this world, be successful, see things and go places, but in the end I know that my heart is searching for something deeper than just winning a battle. The search is for beauty, my beauty, your beauty, our beauty. The thing that makes being a woman beautiful. And what is that?


I wish that I could say that I knew exactly what it is. I wish that I could tell you the secret of being a woman and what it means, but I can’t. I think that it is something that each one of us has to discover for ourselves. We have to learn to find our beauty, not by being told by some man that we’re beautiful, not by another woman telling us how pretty our makeup looks tonight, but by something MORE than that, something purer, something (pardon the use of bad grammar)...GOODer.


Only GOD can fulfill what we are yearning for. Our hearts should belong to Him first, before anyone lesser. Our modesty should crown our beauty and allow us to shine a light of purity, or grace.


Learn to know that YOU are beautiful. Because He made you in His image...what more do you need to believe it?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing this particular post and the whole blog. I was just having some big doubts on modesty,femininity etc.. and your blog really helped me remember why I choose to be different from the mainstream. Thank you again
    Kaity 15

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that even harder to see the beauty in myself is to see His beauty in others. I try to be confident in being a child of God. When I can see that in others I only see His beauty. Not easy but so joyful. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete